TRY SCUBA DIVING
Do you want to feel what is to breath underwater?
TRY SCUBA DIVING
Becoming a scuba diver is the first step in a journey that will forever change the way you experience the world. You will explore the wonders of a weightless underwater world, interact with incredible marine life and discover ecosystems hidden beneath the surface.
Learning to dive is much easier than you think and the best way to experience this amazing new sport is the SSI Try Scuba program or the PADI Discover Scuba Diver program.
– You learn the basic safety guidelines, skills and theory needed to dive under the direct supervision of your instructor.
– We will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank
– Your instructor will go over the scuba equipment you will be using, explaining what each item is used for and their importance.
- You will go over basic hand signals so you can communicate with your instructor when in the water.
- Your confined water skills will be demonstrated above water, so you know what to expect when you get in the water.
- You will learn to put into practice what you have learned and in the breifing with your instructor in about 2 meters of water.
- You will be taught the basic skills need on your first open water dive on the house reef of Biodiversity.
- These skills are as follows
- Regulator clearing
- Regulator recovery
- Mask clearing
- Alternate air course
- Buoyancy control
- Fining methods
- Once you have mastered the skills in the shallow waters, you will get the chance to dive along our House Reef and discover the wonders and colours that this diverse reef has offer.
- You will dive for about 45minutes on the reef, giving you plenty of time to discover what diving is all about.
Once you have completed your Try Scuba Course/Discover Scuba course and you have decided that diving is for you, it is then time to start looking at completing your open water course.
OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Learn how to dive independently with a buddy up to 18m
OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
This program teaches you how to scuba dive. We will help you to develop your skills for a deeper understanding of the marine environment, enhancing your dives, while introducing you to a new world of wonders. We hope that you will learn to understand the beauty of the underworld and through this help to preserve the aquatic environment for future generations of divers and water lovers. This course is taught over 3 to 4 days, depending on your comfort and abilities, and less time if you have already done theory via e-Learning.
Note you need to be 14 years and older to complete this course.
- There is an online course manual which can be done prior to arrival.
- We highly recommend you to read it ahead of time as the internet here cannot be relied upon and it means you will have more vacation time in the water that out!
- There are videos to watch and quizzes to complete all integrated into the online training.
- Once you arrive at the resort your instructor will go over any areas of theory you will need more elaboration on before completing a multiple choice exam.
- There are 6 confined sections to be completed.
- These will be grouped together in one or two water training sessions in a protected area in the sea – we have the perfect house reef for this!
- In these sessions you will be taught the various dive skills affiliated with each skill.
- The skills are designed to familiarize you with your diving equipment and to aid you to be comfortable and in control underwater.
- There are four open water courses as part of the Open Water Diver course.
- Here you will fine tune your skills on each dive with your instructor, going at your pace and comfort.
- Upon completion of these dives, once your instructor approves, you will be certified as an Open Water Diver, congratulations!!!
Please note for all diving courses you will need to make sure you are medically fit to dive. You will find the documents for the medical forms below that you can upload and go through. If answer yes to anything you need to go to the doctor and have them administer a check up and fill out the form that mentions you are fit to dive. (bring this form with you to the resort)
*Download SSI Medical Form here
*Download Doctor approval form here
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Explore new frontiers, open yourself to new passions. Diving education is a world on its own: night diving, deep, photography, rescue… A hobby full of opportunity
Diving can be a way to earn a living. The Divemaster course is the entry level into the diving industry. You will be able to work in your passion! Live life to the fullest!