El primer paso en tu carrera profesional de buceo
Completa tu Dive Master en nuestro paraíso en Raja Ampat
Este curso Dive Master es el primer paso en su carrera profesional como un buzo recreativo.
Lo que vas a adquirir:
Al mismo tiempo, tú desarrollará sus conocimientos, actitudes, técnicas y buen juicio para supervisar buzos certificados y ayudar a capacitar a buceadores en cursos PADI.
Qué sucede después de su certificación
Una vez que reciba su certificado, podrá experimentar programas tales como Scuba Review, Discover Snorkeling y PADI Skin Diver. También podrá realizar Discover Scuba Diver (bautismos de buceo) en aguas confinadas. Con capacitación adicional, también podrá impartir cursos en Emergency First Response.
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Academic Sessions
- Confined water session –Quantity varies
- Open water dives 10 or at least 50 total
- Written exam
- There are 6 confined sections to be completed.
- These will be grouped together in one or two water training sessions in a protected area in the sea – we have the perfect house reef for this!
- In these sessions you will be taught the various dive skills affiliated with each skill.
- The skills are designed to familiarize you with your diving equipment and to aid you to be comfortable and in control underwater.
You will acquire exemplary diving techniques which teach you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessments, you will develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI / SSI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
At the same time, you will develop your knowledge, attitudes, techniques and good judgment to supervise certified divers and help to train divers in Courses.
Demonstrate the following skills
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, preparation,
donning and disassembly
- Predive safety check (BWRAF)
- Deep-water entry
- Buoyancy check at surface
- Snorkel-regulator/regulator-snorkel exchange
- Five-point descent, using buoyancy control to stop
descent without contacting the bottom
- Regulator recovery and clearing*
- Mask removal, replacement and clearing*
- Air depletion exercise and alternate air source use
- Alternate air source-assisted ascent
- Free flowing regulator breathing
- Neutral buoyancy, rise and fall – using low pressure
- Five-point ascent
- Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent
- Orally inflate BCD to hover for at least 60 seconds
- Underwater swim without a mask
- Remove and replace weight system underwater
- Remove and replace scuba unit underwater
- Remove and replace scuba unit on the surface
- Remove and replace weight system on the surface
- Surface dive while skin diving and clear snorkel
using blast method upon surfacing
- Disconnect low-pressure inflator
- Re-secure a loose cylinder band
- Perform an emergency weight drop
Consider taking Dive Theory Online, an e-learning program that takes you step-by-step through dive physics, physiology, skills, equipment and environment, plus a Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) review. By successfully completing Dive Theory Online, you can get credit for half of the Divemaster Final Exam.
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates.
Ask us for more details about what equipment will be best to bring with for your Dive Master Course.
Rental equipment is available at the resort, and all the diving equipment required during the course is provided by us.
This is just a brief outline on what is required if you wish to become a Dive Master course. If you are considering this course please contact us for more in depth information with regards to accommodation and pricing. We have a document which covers the entire Dive Master Course breakdown step by step.