An Update from Biodiversity Nature Resort
From all the Raja Ampat Biodiversity team, we would like send you all our energy and support, as many of you might still be suffering of prolonged quarantine confinement. These circumstances are difficult for all of us, and affect all sectors of the economy, and particularly uncertain forecast related to the tourism industry.
We would like to invite you stay positive and remain grateful/thankful if you have not suffered any death. So, while you are still in lockdown, keep dreaming staying focused in the positive aspects that make your life important: travelling, reefs, contact with nature, remoteness.. Fight and don’t let the extreme news and conditions take your dreams away.
Keep dreaming of your “bucket-list destinations”, of that vacation in Raja Ampat you were looking forward to; our crystal clear blue waters, pristine white sandy beach, our warm friendly staff, or the once in a life time honeymoon you were hoping for.
If you have booked a holiday destination that you had been dreaming, do not cancel; rather postpone your dates to suit your schedule. Your bucket list destinations will still be there for you to visit, and if Raja Ampat Biodiversity is one of them, we hope to still be here to welcome you!
At Biodiversity Nature Resort we are looking at ways to improve our future service to our guests and we have come up with our New Seasons Resolutions!
Updated Payment Policy:
- We are therefore adopting a flexible cancellation policy that will allow you to re-book at a later date if needed
- 10% – deposit payment within 7 days of booking confirmation.
- Remaining Balance 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Flexible cancelation policies;
- More than 1 month in advance: Deposits/payments will be refunded less 20% admin charge, and less any transfer charges.
- OR Guests can rebook an arrival date free of cost
- Less than 1 month in advance: Guests can only rebook at a later arrival date
- Rates: We will keep our 2020 rates for 2021.
- Our Staff: We have kept most of our staff employed (but not on-site), because through this they still have access to health insurance as well as being able to support their families during these difficult times.
- Salaries: We are supporting our staff financially by still paying their salaries because unemployment benefits do not exist in Indonesia.
- Crisis Donations: We never ask for donations and we are not going to start now, our projects are part of what makes us Biodiversity and we will honor our pledge to continue to have a positive long term impact on the communities through our sustainable conservation and community projects.
- Style: We will continue to offer the best personalized service which makes a small resort like us unique.
- Cleanliness: We will be enforcing extra measures in all common areas, and all our staff have been extensively trained in the importance of hygiene good practice.
- Social Distancing: Biodiversity Nature Resort has a maximum capacity of 18 guest, all our cottages have a great distance in between them, all areas are open-air. We are in the process of adapting our restaurant to have separated tables to assure social distancing.
- Boats: We have three different sizes of boats, and there will be a maximum number of people allowed to follow the social distancing rules.
Please, once this nightmare is over, do not let fear overcome your thirst for adventure do not cancel your holiday, your honeymoon or your birthday party abroad.
Please refer to Indonesia Ministry of Tourism Update page for the latest news, click here and refer to their FAQ for the most updated news related to visiting Indonesia. Click here and check the areas that are closed/open for tourism Click here
Dream of it all, it will be waiting for you soon! Keep this tought in mind “Sustainable” means to continue to function and thrive in perpetuity, through all types of conditions. This pandemic can serve as a moment in time when all of us step back and ponder our long-term goals and how to apply the principles and practices that allow us as organizations — and even as individuals and families — to sustain happy, healthy, and purposeful lives.
For more details about our policies and safety measures after COVID-19 please click here.
For now, stay home and stay safe.