Have you thought about spending December in Raja Ampat? Nothing better than an Indonesian holiday to celebrate the New Year. We won’t let you down.
Your Indonesian holidays in December is the best way to celebrate New Year and Chrismas time in paradise!
Why look at Biodiversity Nature Resort for your December holidays in Indonesia?
Raja Ampat, which has the best islands of Indonesia, may be a remote location but it is because of this remoteness that you want to be here. We are away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded city life you become so accustomed to. Therefore you will think your Indonesian holidays at Raja Ampat are actually a holiday in paradise.
- Nature: salty ocean kisses, the best sandy beaches in Indonesia and rain forest landscapes are our city sky scrapers. The sounds of the birds, insects, ocean ripples are our alarm clocks and the many schools of fish and colourful corals blocking your way will be the only traffic you encounter, as you discover the wonders of the Dampier Strait.
- Fresh air: clean and crisp and the only smog you will get is the humidity of a hot sunny day in paradise!
- Post-pandemic: it is the ideal place to practise social distancing, reconnect with nature and why you should look at it for your December family holiday vacation or maybe that once in a life time honeymoon holiday.
- Responsible travellers: now it is your turn to enjoy nature responsibly and become an example for other travelers. We hope that together we can preserve this paradise for generations.
- Sustainable tourism: do not forget that by staying at Biodiversity you contribute to all our community and environmental programs.
Where are we?
Raja Ampat Biodiversity Resort is located on Gam Island (0°27.678’S, 130°41.933’E), in the Central part of Raja Ampat. We are a 30-minute boat ride away from the city of Waisai (Capital of the Raja Ampat Regency, located on the island of Waigeo) and 77km Northwest of the main airport in the area, in Sorong (Domine Edward Osok Airport, SOQ).
We are right in the heart of Dampier Strait, only a few minutes away of the most famous dive sites in Raja Ampat. The Dampier Strait separates the Raja Ampat islands of Waigeo, Gam and Batanta, and allows for the Indonesian through flow to pass through, producing strong currents, which bring the endemic marine life and essential nutrients for them to feed on. Through this the richness and biodiversity found here is top in the world. It is home to pilot whales, sharks, black mantas, Oceanic mantas, turtles and many other marine species. The soft and hard corals are full of vibrant colors and provide homes and nutrients for all the species, many being endemic to the area, so a real and unique treat during you Indonesian holidays!
Biodiversity Nature Resort is located on a long stretch of white sandy beach, known locally as Pantai Yenanas. We are just at the entrance to Kabui Bay, 2km away from Yenbeser village (where Sir Alfred Russell Wallace did his research on the evolution of species) and 2.5 km from Friwen and Saporkren Villages. Our beach is one of the very few on Gam Island which stretches the length of our resort, about 800m of pristine beach (We like to say the best beach in Indonesia!).
What can you expect to see?
- For Divers and Snorkelers
- For those that love diving and snorkelling we are one of the top locations in the world for marine biodiversity.
- Small resort, it means your dive or snorkel groups are small and personalized.
- Our boats are also designed to hold small groups so if you happen to be a family of 6 or more then it will feel like you have your own private boat.
- We have spectacular unique landscapes in and around Gam Island.
- With this in mind we have put together many different full and half day excursions which incorporate snorkelling, diving, culture, beautiful landscapes and isolated beaches for you to experience the best of Raja Ampat!
- Peace and quiet, enjoying the scenery and picture perfect white beaches with only the few people in the boat sharing the experience with you.
- Our beach-front cottages and restaurant are spaced out giving you luxury, comfort, space and nature all with an ocean view.
- Sustainable Practices, and locally sourced materials to give you a more authentic stay.
- It is your choice on how much socializing you wish to do. All our facilities allow for distance between guests, so even when celebrating the New Year or Christmas lunch we can give you holiday spirit but without violating social distancing terms, the BIG benefit of our resort.
Travel for Ecotourism, the future of travel
At Biodiversity, we follow and carry out a series of sustainable practices which keep in terms with the concept of Ecotourism. Sustainable Tourism is a necessity, and at Biodiversity we are conscious about it and are taking measures in that direction.
Our Management is certified with the Global Sustainable Tourism Council GSCT, and we follow their Industry Criteria, which is the Global Baseline Standard for Sustainable Tourism practices, as a guideline in our sustainalbe path.
Empowering our team, engaging and educating our customers and with this encouraging your collaboration. We all must make efforts to minimize the impact our activities have on our planet. We have a long way to go! It is Important to talk the talk AND now start to walk the walk.
Please follow this link to our to see Biodiversity Resort Sustainable Dossier
Do you still have any doubt about why your Indonesian holidays have to be spent in Raja Ampat?